In vitro Electrophysiological Research Scientist Vacancy
An opportunity exists for a Research Scientist to join our leading team of internationally recognised neuroscientists performing world-class contract-based research focussed on novel therapeutic approaches to target disorders of the nervous system. Cerebrasol Canada Ltd have active research programmes on pain, neurodegeneration, mood and anxiety disorders. We employ a multidisciplinary approach with state-of-the-art electrophysiology to monitor abnormal electrical activity associated with these disorders at the core of our research. Cerebrasol Canada is part of a group of CRO companies based in Canada, the UK, and Australia and the successful candidate may be required to engage in work overseas.
As a Research Scientist, you will be responsible for conducting experiments and analytical assays, contributing to the delivery of research contracts, assisting with the preparation of research reports for clients and manuscripts for publication.
- PhD in Neuroscience, Physiology, Pharmacology or closely related life science required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the area of in vitro electrophysiology recording from single cells and slice preparations.
- Experience of whole-cell patch clamp recordings using both current and voltage clamp recordings techniques essential.
- Knowledge of in vivo electrophysiological recording from central or peripheral nervous system preparations.
- Experience of cell culture techniques, ion-channel/receptor transfection, and preparation of acutely dissociated neurones would be beneficial.
- Excellent laboratory, record keeping, data analysis, and critical thinking skills.
- Experience of electrophysiological analysis packages (pClamp, CED Spike, Minianalysis, Prism, Origin)
- Strong communication skills in English (verbal, written, interpersonal) and experience managing research projects.
- Strong motivation for the position and good time management skills (schedules, timelines, task prioritisation) with the ability to adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
Applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of Canada. Salary dependent on experience. Generous holiday allowance, pension and medical insurance will be offered after completion of a 6-month probation.
Applicants should send their CV, the contact details of two referees, and a cover letter outlining their research interests and experience to:
Closing Date: 30th April 2018